Denise Goldberg's blog

Ireland at last
Explorations in two countries, from Belcoo to Belfast

Monday, October 6, 2003

And next...

...it's time to dream again

People are already asking me where my next trip will be. And right now, I have to say that I don't know! I know that I'll be out there again with my bike, I just don't know where that will be.

Will it be someplace totally new to me? Or will I return to somewhere I've been before? There are quite a few destinations floating through my mind, from new places (for me) in Europe, to returning to places I've loved in North America (Glacier National Park in Montana and probably up into Alberta, Bryce and Zion National Parks in Utah), to exploring new places in North America (Vancouver Island and Nova Scotia are still on my list, and exploring new places in the southwest sounds like a good idea too). While I really want to go to Australia and New Zealand, I'm holding those locations for when I can manage a longer stretch of time. I'm still constrained by vacation time - but doing two shorter trips worked well this year. Maybe I'll try for a repeat next year.

Right now as we're going into fall and cooler weather, I'm wondering if I'll make it through the upcoming winter without escaping to someplace warm. Will a long weekend or two to a warmer locale help me through the winter, or is another week-plus trip to someplace like Hawaii in my future again? Only time will tell...